Here are all the registration options. Click on a picture to register online!
We have received the newest top of the line sewing & embroidery machine from Baby Lock, and we are excited to share it with you!
Introducing the Baby Lock Solaris
The Baby Lock Solaris comes with their largest hoop size yet, a whopping 10.5×16 inches! What this means for you is that you won’t have to rehoop as often for your larger embroidery designs. The Solaris has quite a bit of space for all of the quilters too, 13 inches to the right of the needle to be precise. Just imagine doing your projects on this machine!
Take a look at the specs
What are we most excited about?
We are most excited about the projector that is built into the machine. Whether you are sewing or doing some embroidery, this projector is very handy to see what you are doing before you do it. View the video below from Baby Lock themselves to see this feature in action
May is for the Kentucky Derby, Mother’s Day, school graduations – and – Minky Madness month!
At Let’s Sew, we have a soft spot for Minky fabric! It’s easy to fall in love with such a happy, fluffy, multi-textured material – You could say we’re just Mad about Minky!
So, from May 1-28, 2018, Let’s Sew is hosting a contest to promote this luxurious fabric. “Minky Madness” invites participants to sew a Minky Quilt and enter for a chance to win a fabulous prize from the prestigious Liberty of London store in England!
- Choose from one of our 9 Minky Kits which include fabric and pattern, or use a Minky fabric of your choice with our pattern.
- You may also enter your project from our “Learn to Sew a Minky Quilt” class.
- Fabrics used must be from Let’s Sew.
- When your quilt is complete, bring it in to our store to be photographed for display on our social media pages, (You’ll be a star!) and fill out an entry form for the prize.
- You may also submit a clear photo of your Minky Quilt directly to us at our email address: email@example.com. Please include your name and phone number for the entry. Your Minky Quilt photo will be added to our Facebook Page.
- All entries must be submitted by the contest deadline, May 28, 2018 to be considered for the prize drawing.
- The winning entry will be drawn randomly from all of the submitted entries.
- The winner will be contacted and asked to visit the store in person to claim the prize and be photographed for our announcement by social media.
Phone: (812) 471-7945 , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our store: Let’s Sew, 4406 E. Morgan Ave., Evansville, IN 47715
New and Exciting Educational Classes for ALL who Love to Embroider & Quilt!
REGARDLESS OF WHAT KIND OF MACHINE YOU OWN…the Tips, Tricks, and Techniques you learn at this event will inspire you, reinvigorate your interest and enhance the enjoyment of your hobby!
INSPIRE YOUR CREATIVITY WITH THESE INDUSTRY SECRETS:
• Secrets to proper stabilization and thread choices.
• How to choose designs based on how they will affect your garments.
• Stress-free techniques for hooping and eliminating puckering.
• How to choose the right needle for stitch and garment type.
• How to have fun in your sewing room with perfect results!
Hosted by: Let’s Sew
Event: July 12 or 13, 2018 | 10:00am – 5:00pm
Software Day: July 14, 2018 | 10:00am – 5:00pm Lunch is Included!
4406 E. Morgan Ave. | Evansville, IN 47715
Phone: (812) 471-7945 | email@example.com
Even the most unrooted of us are aware of the symbolic nature of quilts. Each precious piece used to create them reminds its owners of a story, a feeling or an untold mystery. A quilt truly is the “fabric of time”, and it’s thread has bonded us equally to our Americana cultures for over two centuries.
We in the heartland feel a particular kinship to the quilt with our farm-bred waste-not-want-not upbringing. Our patchwork farms and fields even resemble quilts. So dedicated to this generational craft are we, that it is honored in festivals, painted on barns, and favorited overwhelmingly as the fund-raising grand prize in just about every church I know.
So when I saw those same beautiful patterns celebrated on a New York fashion runway last fall, it got my attention. Designer Raf Simons incorporated very old, authentic quilts into his work for Calvin Klein.
The quilts were taken apart and re-pieced into stunning collar accents and gorgeous full length bodices on coats. My favorite use of the theme was Simons’ jacket lining design. Not only spectacular, but an incredible way to wrap yourself in 100% cotton comfort.
A Belgian native, Simons was smitten by the historical tradition of the American quilt, and intends to continue using it in new collections.
Other famed designers, such as Prada and Mimi Prober have also put their stamp on a line of quilts and inspired clothing.
It would seem that the NE not only embraces the quilt, but has defined a new way to “strike the pose”.
Want to try your hand at a New York state of mind? This quilt design named “New York Beauty” is a powerful candidate. It’s sleek spike design reminds me of the Statue of Liberty, or tall skyscrapers like the Chrysler Building. Finished quilts are quite modern and surreal.
Creative inspiration derives its source from all places, stories and histories–just like quilting! Have a great quilting month, everybody!
Quality sergers, sewing and embroidery machines are an investment and you should be confident in your choice of machine now, and in the future!